About Fayette Democratic Women
Engage the public in the political process by registering, mobilizing, and enabling voters to get to the polls and vote in every election.
Empower women by recruiting, training, and supporting Democratic women to run for office and to serve in appointive positions.
Educate women about issues and events that have an impact on women, families, and communities.
Foster loyalty to the Democratic Party to promote its principles and candidates in all elections, including non-partisan elections..
Support the objectives and policies of the National Federation of Democratic Women, Georgia Federation of Democratic Women, and the Fayette County Democratic Committee.
Fayette Democratic Women is proud to be a chapter of the Georgia Federation of Democratic Women and members of the National Federation of Democratic Women.
The objective of the organization is to unite women of the Democratic Party; to promote the cause of the Democratic Party and to encourage full participation of women in every level of the Democratic Party Structure.
Committee Chair Fundraising
History & Archives
Programs & Activities
Dr. E. Valerie Smith
Programs & Activities
Dr. Miriam Gwathney
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
2021 NFDW Resolutions
The following resolutions were passed by the members of the NFDW at the National Convention via Virtual Conference on June 11 – 12, 2021. The resolutions were sent to Congress and are in the Library of Congress’s NFDW files.
- Resolution #1 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-Justice-for-Insurrectionists.pdf) – Demanding Justice for the January 6, 2021 Attack on the Capitol
- Resolution #2 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-on-Protecting-Elections-with-HR1.pdf) – Protection of Voting Rights by Passage of H.R.1/S.1
- Resolution #3 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-on-Ending-Filibuster.pdf) – To End the United States Senate Filibuster
- Resolution #4 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-Resolution-2021-Mental-Health-Professionals-as-Crisis-First-Responders.pdf) – Supporting Mental Health Professionals as Crisis First Responders
- Resolution #5 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-on-Gun-Violence.pdf) – Universal Background Checks and Closing the “Charleston Loophole”
- Resolution #6 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-Supporting-Community-VP-Programs.pdf) – Supporting President Biden’s $5B Community-Based Violence Prevention Programs
- Resolution #7 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-for-DC-Statehood-2021.pdf) – Insisting the U.S. Senate Vote to Make the District of Columbia the 51st State
- Resolution #8 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Resolution-thanking-convention-chairs.pdf) – Commending Co-Chairs of the 50th Annual NFDW National Convention
- Reaffirmation #1 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Reaffirmation-of-Resolution-Advocating-PR-Statehood.pdf) – Advocating Statehood for Puerto Rico
- Reaffirmation #2 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Reaffirmation-of-Resolution-from-2019-on-Independent-Redistricting.pdf) – The National Democratic Redistricting Committee
- Reaffirmation #3 (https://www.nfdw.com/s/NFDW-2021-Reaffirmation-of-Resolution-on-Nation-Popular-Vote.pdf) – Supporting Election of the President by National Popular Vote
READ THE FULL RESOLUTION (https://www.nfdw.com/resolutions)
READ NFDW PAST NEWSLETTERS (https://www.nfdw.com/past-communicator-newsletters)